Clean makeup products may prove to be a fad, but for now, I’m totally on-board.
As a mom to a little girl who observes everything I do, and who will likely learn many daily routine habits from me, I want to show her good examples. I want to show her that we think about what we eat and drink, what we put on our skin, and what we are pumping into the environment around us. A good start is showing her clean makeup products.
I am certainly not a beauty expert. If you were to run into me at the grocery store or the park, you wouldn’t guess clean makeup products are a regular part of my routine.
Ha! I really don’t wear a lot of make-up on my face or put a large amount of effort into my hair. That said, I do like to look put together and to feel pretty. I’m glad to have found some clean makeup products that allow me to add a touch of pretty without all the other toxins that usually accompany that touch.
I’m sharing my clean makeup products in case you’re interested in also going cleaner, but you’re not sure where to start.
- This concealer is amazing. I ordered two colors from Sephora, knowing that finding the right color online is a major challenge. I figured I’d return the one that didn’t work. Actually, I ended up keeping both colors. I find that some parts of my face are a little darker, and some a little lighter, so a mix of the colors allows me to shade as I wish. I use the foundation brush as well because the reviews were so good, and I wanted to give the product the best shot. The brush is excellent! It definitely helps with a smooth application. The colors I use are 11 and 11.5.
- All I can say about this mascara is WOW. I like it better than any other mascara I’ve ever used. It applies well. The mascara darkens and seems to lengthen my eyelashes. It stays on well all day. And it removes easily at the end of the day. The only thing that could possibly be better is having false lashes professionally applied. Now that would be fancy! The color I use is After Midnight.
- My sister gifted this to me when she realized I was interested in clean beauty products. I love it because the smallest bit goes a long way, so just a brush here and there is perfect. Sometimes I’ll even swipe a bit on with no other make-up for running errands with the kids. It’s perfect for adding natural contours. The color I use is Contrachroma.
- I love this! I use it on that popular highlight spot below the eyes and above the cheeks. It’s bright without being flashy. I always put it on last because anything over it would ruin the effect. I also sometimes use a touch on the inside corner of my eyelids.
- This is one of the best clean beauty lipsticks I’ve found. Kosas also has a good option, but I do like Bite a little better. The color application is smooth and stays on for a good amount of time. It feels like what I’m accustomed to lipstick feeling like. Which may sound silly but is still nice. I don’t like lipsticks that feel really dry like they’re tearing my lips as I apply the color. The color I use is Meringue.
- I like these shadows. They’re a nice assortment of browns with a little rose, gold, and cream. I do find them to be a little heavier than other shadows I’ve used in the past, but that’s not a big deal. I just am careful to apply a little less. We happen to still have a diaper subscription for my son, so I ordered it as an add-on to our diaper bundle.
- The demo video on Sephora’s website sold me on this product. (Side note: their demo videos are the BEST. They’re like mini makeup lessons) For me, eye makeup is the worst to remove, but other products can be tough too. This makeup remover works so well. You only need to apply a small amount, making this last a long time.
In case you missed it, I’ve also created a post that includes my favorite clean beauty products. I’ve included my favorite deodorant, sunscreen, moisturizer, hand wash, and face wash. Check it out.
I’m still on the hunt for a few items, like a good eyeliner and brow pencil. I’d love to know if you’ve found one!