Will you be hosting a Super Bowl party this year? I love having people over for the party, but I don’t want to a) spend a lot of money on decorations, or b) spend hours on the decorations and food! Here is a roundup of fun food and decoration ideas from around the web that would make a fun and easy Super Bowl party.
Let’s start with some simple decorations.
1. You can get fake grass or turf at Home Depot, Lowes and maybe even at your favorite craft store. It’s not super expensive and shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes to make this fun tablecloth. You can find out how to make it on The Flair Exchange blog.
2. This one might actually take a little more time to create, but if you’re already at the hardware store be sure to pick up some PVC pipe for the DIY goal post. Directions on how to make this can be found at She’s Kinda Crafty.
3. One of my favorite recipes is the 7 layer dip or touchdown taco dip. There are several variations of this dip online and I’m sure you have your personal favorite. The thing that I hate is that your guests end up hovering over the food and not watching the game. Last year we prepared our dip in individual cups so guest could sit down and enjoy the game with their food in their hands. Warning: Make small cups, this is filling! Looking for a recipe? Here’s a good one on the Evermine blog.
4. Another fun individual serving idea is to make tacos in little muffin tins. You can use wonton wrappers or even flour tortillas and fill them with your favorite taco fixings. For directions, check out Life in the LoftHouse.
5. Bacon! Since we’re talking about finger foods, I found this fun recipe for Beer Candied Bacon that sounds intriguing! I may just have to try these for our own Super Bowl party and report back to you. You can find the full recipe at Tide and Thyme.
6. All this food is making me kind of thirsty! This recipe from Pizzazzerie sounds incredible, just keep the kids away from this one. Beer, pineapple juice and sprite mixed together and served in mason jars.
7. For some of us, the Super Bowl commercials can be more fun than watching the game. Style Me Pretty has a printable Super Bowl Commercial BINGO that you and your guests can play during the game. I can’t wait to see this year’s Budweiser commercial, they are always my favorite.
8. For a little half-time fun, how about creating a fun photo booth with football themed props. Hostess With the Mostess has a tutorial on how to make this fun backdrop and super easy props. I know I said I didn’t want a lot of prep on decorations, but I promise you that this one is easy!
9. If the predictions come true, it will likely be the SeaHawks and the Patriots in the Super Bowl. You could always add a little team spirit into your Super Bowl party. I love how Queen Bee Coupons added blue corn chips with guacamole for a fun “SeaHawks” inspired treat. You can’t go wrong with a big bowl of guac!
10…and finally, if you’re cheering for the Patriots you could have a lot of fun with red, white, and blue treats like this candy arrangement I found on Amazon. You could easily replicate this by gathering your favorite treats from the candy store, too.
Tell us, who are you cheering for this year in the Super Bowl? Will you be hosting a Super Bowl party? Will it be adults only or families and kids? To see even more Super Bowl inspired treats, eats, and decorations you can follow me on Pinterest: The Eco Chic Super Bowl Party Ideas.