Everyone knows that making your bed each day is supposed to basically change your life. You’ll be happier, you’ll be more productive, it will benefit your marriage, you’ll lose 10 lbs, it will clear your skin, your children will all grow up to be millionaires (okay, I’m exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean…).
Well, even with all of these fabulous benefits, bed-making has never been my thing. The covers are crooked, tucking in sheets is a pain, the bedspread is never big enough, and the pillows all end up on the floor anyway… you know the drill. BUT, in the last year or so I’ve figured out how to make my bed SUPER easy to make, and make it *EVERY day.
With getting in the swing of school schedules and changing up routines, now is the perfect time to turn over a new
sheet leaf. So, if you too want to make your mama proud (and in just 30 seconds flat), lemme break it down for ya: The Bed-Making Hack that will Change your Life
The Bed-Making Hack that will Change your Life
What you’ll need:
- Sheets you love (Stone-washed are my favorite! Also, consider *gasp * ditching the top sheet all together)
- Neutral, washable duvet (I love ours!)
- Down comforter (SUCH a worthwhile investment – Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and totally cozy ALL the time! Budget-friendly options here, too!)
- Second/third set of contrasting pillows/pillowcases
- Coordinating decorative throw pillows (Hellooooo HomeGoods 🙂
- Coordinating throw (Here is a similar blanket – so many beautiful options!)
Here’s the drill:
- Stack your pillows
- If you’re using a top sheet, make sure it’s tucked at the bottom of the bed, and pull it up to just below the pillows. It’s okay if its a little messy
- Lift your duvet in place, again to just below the pillows– no stretching or tucking needed!
- Pop those throw pillows in place
- Toss the throw at the foot of the bed (tbh, ours is usually still there from the day before)
What are your favorite household hacks? Don’t keep them to yourself!