Happy 4th of July everyone! Before we bring you an easy-to-make cream-filled strawberries recipe, I want to thank all the men and women in the United States military, both past and present, who help keep our country safe and make our freedom something we almost take for granted.
One of my favorite things to do–year-round–is to thank a soldier when I see them out in their uniforms. My kids love to do it as well. They often will look at me in awe–like they are seeing a celebrity–when we are out shopping and say, “Look, Mom…a soldier!” I encourage them to thank the soldier for helping our country. Without fail, these servicemen and women are so humble and grateful. They respond with a thank you and often shake hands with my kids and me. So to all those serving our country and their families, thank you for your daily sacrifices.
Now onto our recipe. If you’re looking for a 4th of July recipe at this point, you want something easy to make, but if it looked impressive, you’d take it, right? This recipe took me 20 minutes, tops, and that was mostly because I was trying to take pictures along the way.
- 24 large strawberries
- 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
What to do:
1. In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat 1 cup (8 ounces) whipping cream until stiff peaks form. About 2 minutes.
4. Gently combine the whipping cream and milk/pudding mixture. I find it easiest to fold together using a rubber spatula.
5. Scoop the cream mixture into a ziptop plastic bag and snip the corner.
6. Wash and cut the stems off the strawberries. Place them with the cut-stem side down.
7. From the tip of the strawberry, cut an x shape, about 3/4 of the way down.
8. Pull the x part open slightly to pipe cream into the center.
9. Add a blueberry to the top for a garnish.
10. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
11. Take them to a party and impress your friends and family with your amazing skills and these easy-to-make cream-filled strawberries! 😉