There are plenty of things that you should NOT put into a crock pot. For example, a good steak. “How do you like your filet mignon my lady?” Because no one has ever answered that question with “shredded please.” I’ve also learned that you can light up a room real quick if you leave broccoli in the old slow cooker all day. Nothing screams dinner better than the wafting stench of a day old diaper but in this case, it’s actual rotting, burning, dead broccoli. Remove from stoneware, insert into toilet.
I do not get a whole lot right these days because, in a nutshell, I am perpetually tired. Here’s a great example of lazy at it’s finest, I recently bought $200 worth of chicken breasts on a grocery delivery app because I THOUGHT it was “on sale”. Yup. TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS in chicken! It’s like the stock was up and I was all about that broth. TBH I should probably just have my App Store privileges removed after that sweet move I pulled. I made some poor girl clean out the poultry aisle on my behalf. Not to mention I also had someone else deliver a freezer right after this trigger finger incident. I am disgusted with myself.
OPERATION POULTRY GAME STRONG
Luckily I am a self-proclaimed lazy girl and I can MacGyver my way out of most domestic incidents. Even this fowl play. Turns out you can condiment the heck out of some chicken breast’s and still be a hero at dinner time. Turn back now if you think this is some MasterChef sous vide version of cooking chicken. If you pronounce “Confit” con feet then you’re my people and we can proceed. Let’s say you do pronounce words like Pho correctly, let’s still be buds because we know how fun that one can be.
7 CHICKEN “RECIPES” WITH ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS. Brace yo self.
- CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- CHICKEN TACOS
- BUFFALO CHICKEN
- BBQ CHICKEN
- PESTO CHICKEN
- BUTTER CHICKEN
- ROASTED CHICKEN
You only need seven store-bought items to accompany the breasts. What the pho!? Allow me to blow your mind:
- JAR OF YOUR FAVORITE SPAGHETTI SAUCE. ADD SAUCE TO CHICKEN. COOK. SHRED. SERVE WITH PASTA.
- TACO KIT (MIX TACO SAUCE WITH SEASONING AND VOILA, THERE’S YOUR SAUCE). ADD SAUCE TO CHICKEN. COOK. SHRED. MARGARITAS ARE THE MANDATORY SIDE DISH.
- BUFFALO SAUCE. COOK CHICKEN IN CUP OF CHICKEN BROTH. SHRED. ADD SAUCE. SERVE ON ROLLS. *DO NOT ADD SAUCE WHILE COOKING UNLESS YOU WANT TO TASTE ACTUAL LEGIT HELLFIRE
- BBQ SAUCE. ADD SAUCE TO CHICKEN. COOK. SHRED. SERVE ON ROLLS OR ALONE.
- PRE-MADE PESTO SAUCE. ADD SAUCE TO CHICKEN. COOK. SHRED or CHOP. SERVE WITH RICE.
- BUTTER CHICKEN COOKING SAUCE. ADD SAUCE TO CHICKEN. COOK. SHRED or CHOP INTO BITE SIZE PIECES. SERVE WITH RICE.
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP. ADD SOUP TO CHICKEN. COOK. SHRED or CHOP. SERVE WITH EGG NOODLES.
***cooking times vary. With my slow cooker, I can fully cook two chicken breasts on high in just two hours, or on low for four hours. Check with your manual because every cooker is different. Because my kids eat like actual birds, I use only two breasts for our dinners and it’s definitely enough for the four of us after being shredded. Feel free to double up your dinners, just note you may want to add more sauce or chicken broth to the pot. You can also get extra fancy and add carrots or potatoes or what have you. Broccoli, however, has been banned around here. Do NOT forget to spray your stoneware down with PAM first. The cooking spray, not your neighbor Pam who plays pickleball.
What are your favorite slow cooker chicken recipes?