Who is Kids Helping Kids Pasco County?
Founded in the Summer of 2018 by a mom who saw a need to support local, low-income families, Kids Helping Kids Pasco County is a charitable organization that encourages children to make changes within their community one small act at a time.
We have a no judgment, no questions asked policy – if you reach out and ask us for help we will do everything in our power to lend a helping hand. Some of our families are homeless; some are just going through a rough patch from a recent layoff or lost job. Makes no difference to us. Raising a family takes a village, and we want to be part of that village. No one should ever feel embarrassed or ashamed to ask for help.
What makes Kids Helping Kids unique?
Kids Helping Kids is unique because we welcome young volunteers of any age to participate, with parental supervision as necessary. We love to see the kids working at our events and we have tasks appropriate for all ages.
In 2018, WE (as a community) were able to do some amazing things:
- We prepared over 300 breakfast and lunch bags and delivered them to food insecure families over the summer
- 55 students received backpacks and all supplies they needed for the 2018-2019 school year
- We donated 30 additional backpacks to another organization to assist with their needs
- 39 families (174 people) received complete Thanksgiving meals
- An additional 271 pounds of food and 16 turkeys were donated to Metropolitan Ministries
- 19 families (over 70 children and their parents) received Christmas gifts off their wish lists
How can you help?
Easter Basket Drive April 20th
Our Easter Basket Drive will benefit local foster and group homes, as well as low-income families. Collection of donations will take place on April 20, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at Heritage Park in Land o’Lakes. Event details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/253029738956890/