One of the best cooking multicooker pots I have ever bought is my Instant Pot. I became obsessed with using the pressure cooker and slow cooker settings. So, I use it for everything from making soups, cooking meats and now making yogurt. Recently, I joined the Instant Pot® Community on Facebook page and everyone was talking about the best and easiest yogurt made in your Instant Pot.
I was not really a believer at first. I said to myself, “I’m like really, how can you make yogurt in the Instant Pot?” And I researched diligently and found the easiest and best recipe for the Instant Pot yogurt. It’s only three ingredients and the yogurt comes out so thick, creamy and delicious! The best part you don’t need to strain the yogurt after you make it.
The three ingredients are:
- 2% Fairlife
- One container of Natural Bliss sweet cream flavor (This ingredient determines the flavor of the yogurt)
- Oui Vanilla yogurt
(Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 8 hrs. and Fridge Time: 4 hrs.)
- Mix whole container (52 ounces) of the 2% Fairlife, Natural Bliss sweet cream (16 ounces) and 2 heaping teaspoons of the Oui vanilla yogurt.
- Wisk all ingredients together in your Instant Pot.
- Press the yogurt button on your Instant Pot.
- Cook for 8 hours. Remember your Instant Post counts up to 8 hours on the yogurt setting.
- After 8 hours, put the pot in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I usually leave mine overnight in the fridge.
- Put your yogurt in containers. It makes 12- 8-ounce jars.
Since I had some much yogurt leftover, I made some frozen dog treats for my dachshund, Mollie. I bought some silicone molds on Amazon and put the yogurt in them. I stuck them in the freezer for at least one hour and then put the delicious yogurt treats in a freezer-proof container. As you can see she loves them.
This homemade yogurt lasts up to 10-14 days in your refrigerator. Be sure to save 2 tablespoons of your homemade yogurt to make your next batch of Instant Pot yogurt. I’m constantly looking for new recipes for my Instant Pot, if you have any you would like to share DM on Instagram or leave a comment below.