These adorable and easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids can be made in under 30 minutes using items that you may already have around the house! If you’re like me, I always keep a stash of paper, googly eyes, paper plates, and tissue paper. These adorable crafts are the perfect way to keep your little ones occupied while the food is being prepared. You can also create these fun crafts ahead of the holiday. Check out these 5 adorable turkey crafts for Thanksgiving that is great for all ages.
Paper Roll Turkey Crafts
Supplies: Paper roll, Colored paper, Googly eyes, Glue
- Cut 6 feathers from your colored paper.
- Glue feathers to the back of your paper roll.
- Cut a snood from red paper and a beak from orange paper. Glue them to the front of your paper roll turkey.
- Finally, glue googly eyes above the beak and gobbler.
Handprint Turkey Crafts
Supplies: Colored cardstock (dark brown, light brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue), Scissors, Pencil, Glue stick, Googly eyes
- Using items around the house, trace a small and a medium-sized circle from the dark brown cardstock. Cut each circle. Glue the smaller circle to the top of the larger circle.
- Cut a small circle from the light brown cardstock. Glue to the medium size circle for the belly.
- Cut a beak from the orange or yellow cardstock. Glue the beak to the middle of the turkey’s head.
- Cut a snood from the red cardstock. Secure it to the side of the turkey’s beak with glue.
- Glue the googly eyes to the turkey’s head, above the beak.
- Cut feet from the yellow or orange cardstock. Glue onto each side of the bottom of the turkey’s body.
- Trace your child’s hand onto the colored card stock of your choice (these will be the turkey’s feathers) and cut them all out.
- Spread out 4 colored handprints, then glue the completed turkey onto it.
Paper Plate Turkey Crafts
Supplies: Paper plate, Washable markers, Scissors, Googly eyes, Orange paper, Red balloon, Glue, Turkey body template
- Draw a turkey body onto your paper plate or print out the template (linked above) and trace it onto your paper plate.
- Using scissors (adults only), cut around your turkey’s body leaving the outside rim of the paper plate intact.
- Using the brown marker, color the turkey’s body.
- Select different markers to color the feathers. Alternate the colors to make a fun pattern.
- Glue googly eyes to the turkey’s body.
- Cut a beak from orange paper. Use a small water balloon for the snood. You could also cut a snood from red paper. Glue the snood to the back of the beak and glue both to the turkey’s body.
Colorful Turkey Hats
Supplies: Colored Cardstock, Googly Eyes, Glue, Scissors, Stapler
- Cut a small and a medium-sized circle from brown cardstock. This will be used for the turkey’s body.
- Cut two strips of brown cardstock to create the hat.
- Loop the two headband pieces together and glue them into place.
- Stack the colored card and cut feather shapes.
- Fan the turkey tail feathers out and staple them together at the bottom.
- Glue the tail feathers inside of the turkey hat at the back.
- Cut a yellow beak and red snood and glue them on to the turkey head with some googly eyes. Glue to the medium brown circle to complete the turkey’s body.
- Cut two long yellow legs and two orange feet. Accordion fold the turkey legs and glue the feet onto the ends.
- Glue the turkey’s body onto the headband.
- Glue the legs onto the lower inside front of the hat. Position them quite wide so that they don’t hang in front of your eyes.
Little Turkey Paper Plate Crafts
Supplies: Construction paper (brown, orange and red), Scissors, Glue, Paper Plate, Colorful tissue paper cut into squares, Googly eyes
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Drizzle glue all over the plate.
- Attach the tissue paper squares on top of the paper plate however you like.
- Cut turkey’s body, beak, feet, and snood from the construction paper.
- Glue the turkey’s face together and attach everything to the paper plate.