Hello October! It’s all about Halloween for my family. Life with little kids can get a little crazy but it’s so much fun. One of my favorite parts of parenting is creating fun crafts with my little ones. Here are 5 spooktacular Halloween crafts for kids. All you need is a few supplies from your local craft store to kick off the spookiest season of the year.
Moving Eyes Paper Plate Mummy Craft
You probably haven’t seen a mummy craft quite like this. My 4-year old had so much fun moving the mummy’s eyes from side to side.
Supplies: Green or Black Paper Plates, White Paper, Black Cardstock, Orange, Yellow or Green Paper, Circle Hole Punch, Black Marker, Glue, Scissors.
- Carefully use scissors to cut two round eye holes out of the top of the black paper plate.
- Tear strips of white paper and glue them on the paper plate to make the mummy’s bandages.
- Use the circle punch to cut two round eyes from the orange, green or yellow paper. Use the black marker to make pupils.
- Cut strips of black cardstock. Make sure the eyes match up with the holes in the paper plate. Next, glue the eyes onto the strip of cardstock. Position your eyes slightly to one side so that there is enough black cardstock to stick out one side of the paper plate.
- Cut two thin strips of black cardstock and glue either end above and below the eye strip to make two belt hoops for it to slide in.
- Finally, make your paper plate mummy craft’s eyes move from side to side by pulling and pushing the long tab.
Candy Corn Craft
My 4-year loves candy corn so he was excited to create this project. This easy Halloween craft is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
Supplies: Candy corn template, Glue, Orange, yellow and white paper, scissors.
- Print candy corn template on cardstock then cut.
- Tear up little pieces of each color of paper.
- Finally, glue the yellow at the bottom then orange and white.
Marble Paint Mummy
Here’s another easy Halloween craft for the little ones. This activity goes well with some fun holiday music.
Supplies: Black cardstock, tape, yellow dot stickers, black marker, mummy template, white paint, marbles, shoebox or storage container.
- Print the mummy template then cut.
- Tape the mummy inside of the container and add a few drops of paint.
- Drop a few marbles then shake the box from side to side.
- After the paint dries, add 2 yellow dot stickers for eyes and draw a black dot in the center.
Paper Plate Monster Craft
This adorable Halloween craft is fun to make. I love the bright colors and googly eyes.
Supplies: Colored card stock, Paper plates, Paint, Paintbrush, Scissors, Glue, Googly Eyes
- Cut out the center of the paper plate. It should look like a wreath.
- Paint the paper plate then let it dry.
- Cut out horns and teeth using the cardstock paper.
- Glue the horns at the top of the paper plate. Add the teeth inside of the circle to create the face of the monster.
- Go crazy with the number of googly eyes you glue on the paper plate.
Popsicle Stick Spider Web Craft
These spider web crafts are the perfect Halloween decoration for your house or classroom.
Supplies: Popsicle sticks, Glue (or a hot glue gun), Paint in Halloween colors, Yarn in black, white, and/or orange, Scissors.
- Glue three popsicle sticks together. Use a hot glue gun to eliminate the wait time for drying.
- Paint the popsicle sticks and let it dry.
- Cut a long piece of yarn then tie one end to a popsicle stick.
- Wrap your yarn around each popsicle stick. After you finish wrapping the yarn, tie the end to a popsicle stick.